Did you know that job stress has surpassed smoking as the leading cause of preventable death in the United States?
That staggering statistic derives from Eliz Greeneâs new book, Stress-Proof Your Life: High Performance under Pressure.
In the first episode of Season 2 of The Sound Wisdom Podcast, host Jennifer Janechek, director of content strategy at Sound Wisdom, sits down with Eliz to talk about actionable strategies anyone can implement today to deal with chronic stress. They cover:
- Why most stress-management solutions are addressing the wrong problem (hint: work-life balance is not your primary issue!)
- How to sort through the mire of stressors that leave us feeling stressed in general without knowing exactly why
- How to respond to acute stress that is causing us physical harm and psychological distress
- Two simple strategies for processing cortisol out of your system right now, wherever you are
- Why a âmid-life crisisâ might actually be a stress-management problemâand what you can do about it
- How we can manage vulnerability, a major stressor, in the COVID era
- Why your âstress-recovery personalityâ mattersâand how you can find out what yours is
Tune in for an enlightening episode of The Sound Wisdom Podcast that will help you find the relief you needâFAST! And pick up a copy of Elizâs new book, Stress-Proof Your Life, now available from Sound Wisdom: http://amzn.com/164095161X.